Group Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Arena Racing Company was created in 2012, and has been a racing industry pioneer, developing new race series such as the All-Weather Championships and the all-ladies Silk Series. Our racing business has grown with the acquisition of racecourses and is the UK’s largest racecourse group. Our greyhound stadia and our media business are flourishing through the control of media rights and our partnerships with The Racing Partnership, At The Races and Sky Sports Racing. Although we're a relatively young company we have a vast heritage dating back to 1614. As well as racing we also host live events entertaining large crowds with big name acts.
We offer a challenging and rewarding working environment with great opportunities to progress and develop. We also love to support the local communities
About the role
The Head of Financial Planning & Analysis will be responsible for the provision of timely, accurate and relevant management information across the group and the regular review of this information. This will include regular reports, critical review and interpretation of results and value-add analysis.
Key responsibilities for the role will include
- Ownership of the annual budget and planning process
- Delivering insight and analysis which helps the business to achieve strategic goals and deliver the annual budget.
- Develop KPIs and metrics that support the Businesses strategy and help the Media, Racing and central teams to improve performance.
- Develop and present a deeper understanding of trends within the marketplace, industry and content providers to track performance against competitors.
- Provide commercial support, analysis and insight across the business to support decision making
- Continually improve processes, systems and analytical tools to improve the quality of forecasts, budgets and financial analysis.
- Maintain a live rolling forecast model of various horizons
- Support and assist with group projects and scenario models
Profile and behaviours
- Fully qualified accountant, 2 - 3 years + PQE
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Advanced modelling skills, Excel VBA and macros
- Take initiative and the ability to work independently
- Team player with pronounced numerical affinity and accuracy
- Previous experience with ERP systems (Exchequer), and reporting platforms (Tableau) an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication