We are looking for someone to be an ambassador for Royal Windsor Racecourse, taking personal responsibility for finding out about our product and services, and at all times striving to represent the sites in the most professional, courteous and efficient manner possible.
Key responsibilities for the role will include:
- All retailing operations, to include food, beverage, bar and concession operations this will include Pre-Race day, Race day and Post race day, set up, operations and close/clean down of all retail areas.
- Training all members of staff involved with their delivery of beverage.
- Accountability of driving spend per head, monitoring per race meeting and suggesting opportunities on ways to constantly improve.
- All retailing elements of non-race day function.
- To ensure that the external areas of all food and beverage, bar and concession outlets are presented to the highest of standards
- Restocking of all bars. Ensuring all fridges are displayed in a way that looks presentable and maximizes sales.
- Providing all hospitality areas with beverages as requested by the sales department, to include printing stock sheets with the requested items, preparing the stock in the main cellar and delivering the stock to the boxes in a timely fashion.
- With the support of the Catering General Manager, to compile all annual retailing budgets, covering purchasing, costs, revenues and margins in line with the organisations budgeting process.
- To ensure that risk assessments are carried out in all areas of work and employees are made aware and trained in good practice
- To work on any other ARC site as may be occasionally required.
- Managing a team and developing them as and when necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Educated to at least GCSE including maths
- Full clean driving license
- Stock management experience ideally in licensed trade
- People management and communication skills
- With Epos till system or similar
- Previous experience in the sports and leisure industry
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company and Galleon Hotel group.