Night Porter, Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse
The Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse has an exciting opportunity for a part time Night Porter to join the team in our recently built Hilton Garden Inn Hotel.
Are you passionate about working within the hospitality Industry? Are you looking for a new challenge in a truly unique resort? Would you like to be a part of an amazing team? Then we would love to hear from you!!
The Hilton Garden Inn, Doncaster Racecourse is a 154-bedroomed branded hotel, with a restaurant and conferencing & banqueting space, located on the site of the Doncaster Racecourse. The Hilton Garden Inn brand offers a high service standard, with a warm and sunny service. Due to the hotel being part of a wider resort, it makes this role very exciting as the racecourse holds 36 race days a year, as well as numerous conferences, exhibitions and events – all of which drive new customers into the hotel.
This role will support the Front Office team, working with the night team. You will be responsible for welcoming guests and customers to the hotel. You will also undertake night security checks around the hotel, basic cleaning and laundry duties. You will be responsible for setting up and taking down the event and conference space and restaurant to the required standards. Working with the Night Manager and Assistant Night Manager to ensure our guests have everything they need during the night.
Is this Night Porter role right for me?
The Night Porter we're looking for will have a genuine passion for exceptional customer service, a detailed approach, and a desire to keep a hotel running perfectly through the night! Being able to keep guests happy sometimes means you creatively think on your feet and that's why you've got to love change – as you know, no two nights in hospitality are the same!
If you're looking for that next step in an exciting and ever-expanding company, this role could be for you!
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Educated to at least GCSE or equivalent
- Experience of Front of House preferred but not essential as full training will be provided
- Hotel experience is a distinct advantage
- Branded hotel background is a distinct advantage
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Exceptional communication
- Excellent customer service and very customer focused
- Computer literate
- Friendly and Approachable nature
- Able to work individually and as part of a Team
- The right to work within the UK
Who is Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
What can we offer you?
- 22 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays (pro rata for part time roles)
- Contributory pension scheme
- A competitive salary
- Free Parking
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A range of racing & leisure benefits including complimentary tickets, offers and discounts at our racecourses and hotels across the Arena Racing Company group
- Hilton benefits and discounts.
We look forward to hearing from you.